THE SLEEPING LATE TEENS STUDY
Overview of Study
Please make sure both teen and parent are present to proceed with the next steps.
Determining your teen’s interest in and eligibility for the full study
- Your teen must be in 11th or 12th grade and between the ages of 16 and 19 years old.
- Your teen must not be currently diagnosed with any unstable, chronic health conditions.
- You (the parent) must provide consent and your teen must agree (provide assent) to participate in the screening.
- You can complete the screening online or by telephone, if you prefer.
Information provided will be kept confidential
- We take your teen’s privacy very seriously!
- All data will be kept in locked cabinets or secure databases.
Participation is voluntary
- Your teen’s participation in this research study is completely voluntary. They may refuse to take part in it, or he/she may stop participating at any time.
- Your teen will not be paid for this initial screening. However, he or she will have a chance to earn $50; one out of every 25 participants who completes the screening will receive $50.
- If your teen is eligible for the full study and decides to participate, your teen will be compensated for each phase of the study, beginning with the in-person screening visit. The average participant can earn between $455 and $890 if he/she completes all parts of the full study.
If your teen would like to participate, click below to complete the screening online.
You may also call (412)-246-6422 and arrange to complete the screening by phone.